Every year, the High Point Furniture Market in North Carolina inspires Interior Designers with the best furnishings, products and accessories for you to enjoy and utilize in your home to make it more inviting pleasant and more efficient. If you are planning for some home renovations or changes to take place during the nicer weather here are some ideas to consider:
Some of these trends are:
1. Cleaner lines in furniture and less cluttered rooms are becoming the norm.
Michael Berman for Kravet:
2. Fewer accessories that reflect the homeowner’s personality, individuality, taste and/ or travels.
Curated Kravet Accessories:
3. Mixed metals of gold, silver, and iron can co-exist when done right.
Curated Kravet Accent Furniture:
4.Large light pendants/chandeliers installed as ceiling surface mount fixtures over living room coffee tables, beds, dining tables, etc.
Mitchell Gold Lighting:
Phillip Jeffries Lighting:
5. Traditional and contemporary area rugs both indoor and outdoor.
Kravet Eco Friendly Carpeting:
6. Understated layered window treatments that meet your privacy, energy efficiency, decorative and child safety needs are popular.
Lee Jofa Fabrics:
7.Colors are getting warmer, brighter and happier. Benjamin Moore’s Color of the Year is First Light, a pale pink. Sherwin Williams Color of the Year is Naval –SW 6244 and Pantone’s Color of the Year is also a dark blue, Classic Blue19-4052.The blue colors are showing up on rugs, fabrics, furniture, lighting fixtures and accessories which makes it easier for you to coordinate color in your room design. Blue pairs well with white, green, red, brown and yellow.
As an ending note, nature is always great inspiration for color and design.